So yesterday started off on the wrong foot. The car had erratic starting problems, and shut down 4 times before I made it to the highway, with the 5th time being the one where I had to eject. Once the smoke began to come out from the hood...it was time to bail. Thanks to my infinite knowledge, I left my cell phone at home, uncharged. Oops.
So with no other options, I walked all the way back home to tell my dad what happened. I got a ride for the last 1/2 mile, but still...the morning was looking disastrous. Being stranded at college for an extra 2 hours on Friday wasn't any good either. The car did recover, and I did manage to get control of things...for the moment.
Part 2 of this story is when it really falls apart. I told myself when picking up my check...that I was going to rebuff my boss's offer to work tonight (I was tired from a long week), and I did...but then I caved instinctively and took a 10pm-2am shift. I even tried to call out...and got my mind changed there too....DAMNIT.
So I go home and decide to follow up my two job apps I filed last week. Papa Gino's really did not sit well with me, because of this: I had told them that I could do the 8-11 shift, and I expected it would be put on my application....guess not. 2 people got the job this week....I got FUCKED.
I should've seen that as a premonition that shit was going downwards and I didn't. I called Domino's and for the moment, got lucky...I finally met the
He arrives and we talk about the app, I have a good feeling about it...until he tells me that he needs people to work 4-close ever day of the week. I can only do 3 days...so yeah, again I'm fucked.
Went home pissed off...now I'm stuck with a job that only nets 30 bucks, not enough to save up for shows, recording, gear, games...just enough to get gas. And then, it was time to go to work.
The best part was looking like a cracked out mess. 5 times people noticed during my shift, and it was true, I nearly fell asleep multiple times...and I had nothing but water that night, when I should've bought gum and Coke to stimulate me. Another big mistake.
I get home to a silent house, go up the steps, crawl into bed, and end a 20 hour hell day, with more questions than answers....
Song of the moment: Radiohead- Like Spinning Plates
No comments:
Post a Comment